I WANT A TARDIS.

I havn't written on my Blog for a long time. Maybe it's a case of writers BLOG or something. But I realised this morning that this will be my 99th Blog entry, so its time to crack the century any day now.



Last weekend saw me perform a Marriage Ceremony as Dr. Who. In fact my role was to play the well known Tom Baker version of Dr. Who. 

The bride arrived in a Tardis...I dont know if she travelled from another time or place, across the galaxies, from a far away planet on the edge of Eternity, or not. I think she came from Melbourne. Or near there. 

The Wedding theme was based on the episode of Dr Who and Vincent...Dr Who meets Vincent Van Gogh in one extraordinaryly fantastic and moving episode. Its worth looking it up and watching it.

I loved the Dr Who wedding theme and I want a Tardis for keeps.



I WANT A TARDIS


I want a Tardis in my Back yard, among my pine tree forest
Where I can contemplate nothing and let my mind get  lost
I'll contemplate the Universe and leaves upon the floor,
I'll make sure that the lock, is firmly on the door.

I'll wonder about why Galaxies have to be so far away,
If only they were closer we could go there for the day.
I'll wonder why the World seems to be stark raving mad,
I'll think of all the good there is, and and try to forget the bad.

I'll wonder how to gather, everyone that I care for
And take them in my Tardis, safe forever more
Away from fruitless wars which threaten our own man kind
They murder for their religion then claim to be Divine.

In my Tardis I'll go exploring, where no man has been before
I'll discover places and ideas and goodness, and then go discover more.
I'll find peace and real true freedom, where the dollar is not a God
Where possessions are not the aim and greed is grossly odd

If I could take my Tardis and go way back in time,
I'd get every religious leader and show them what they've done.
I'd take them to meet the victims that died their senseless deaths
Who gasped the words 'it's not worth it', with their last defeated breaths.

My Tardis in reality, may not leave its earthly spot
But what a place it is to go, to solve our bloody lot.



NED HOSKIN


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

Feline Ballet Class