"INDIAN IDOL" IS ALIVE AND WELL. BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to go to northern India on a business trip. The city I went to was Jalandhar, north of Amritsar, the city of the Golden Temple.



I just thought I would share a few of my favourite photos from that trip. In fact I was inspired into this by this motor mower ad from a TIME Magazine in 1964. It just happens that I also found a motor mower shop in Jalandhar, where there is almost no grass anywhere! The mower shop however did have a section of manicured grass out the front as it's display piece, complete ( if you look carefully) with a nice fresh doggy doo in the centre of the grass.


These women were given the afternoon off from work at the factory to attend a special women's Festival. 




Me on the left....but Man, I would just love to have that guys' outfit!! 

My knees trembled watching these builders on the roof across the road from  my Hotel.

Believe it or Not....there really is Indian Idol ! Seriously!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

Feline Ballet Class