Dreaming of a White Xmas. In the Nude.

I know I write about my dreams a bit, I guess because I am fascinated by where they come from.

This morning my first words to Ms. Ned were 'Tell me about the meaning of  "isthmus"...which I did of course already know to be a peninsula of land.

It had all started with Ms. Ned and I and several friends standing on the top of a very tall 'A' frame Church. Yes, we were outside, standing on the very narrow , very top of the church. As if that wasn't odd enough, we were in fact, in the nude. As was the Reverend who was standing on a slightly lower platform at the front of the Church.

As I looked down over the side of the church it was apparent that the roof was so steep that there was no way of getting down without severely injuring ones self. Being an 'A' frame, the roof ran right down to the ground on almost a cliff-face like angle.

What I do remember is that our friend Geoffrey had a rope...a long rope, which may or not have some sublimal phallic symbol meaning which I would probably rather not know about.  I say that because I have never seen  Geoffrey's..'apparatus'...and have no particular desire to do so. But when he dropped a rope down over the side of the roof, to let us all get down, this weird thought did occur to me, which is kind of scary.

I do wonder if these thoughts partly and subliminaly emerged when a friend this week suggested to a group of us over a beer that he doesnt actually have a 'schlong' but more of a 'schlort' which meaning I will also leave to your imagination.

Anyway, I digress.

What I have so far failed to explain to you, dear reader, is that we were all on top of that Church, in the nude, looking way out over the Parish singing songs.

And the song that we were singing was a Xmas carol. Kind of.

It was...wait for it...."I am Dreaming of a Wide Isthmus!"

Now, I should also point out that the Right Royal Rev was also the choir-master, and I may also leave it to you to imagine that it was not so much his swinging of the choir-masters' baton that had the roof-top choir amused, but rather his 'other baton' a-swinging-and-a-swaying as well, as he very actively lead the choir in this rather unusual Xmas carol in July.

Once we had finished our carol, the rope was lowered to the ground and we all scaled down the side of the building, scampering off in the nude into our otherwise droll lives.

Church was never like that when I went. But I may just be thinking about trying it again if this dream is anything to go by.

Ned Hoskin

www.wedbyned.com.au


My latest book is here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=ned+hoskin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

Feline Ballet Class