Playing Hide and Sleep


I went to bed to find some Sleep
And looked so hard and very deep
I looked in every place I know
But Sleep was no-where near in tow
I even looked beneath the bed,
But just found Waked-ness instead,
I looked inside the bottom drawer,
And even on the bedroom floor.
I looked so hard and all around,
But sadly Sleep, was never found.

I even looked out on the sea
But the waves washed Sleep away from me
I looked right up into the sky
But Sleep flew near and passed me by
I even looked beneath the earth
But Sleep just smiled with sarcastic Mirth
I looked upon the countryside
But Sleep did run and Sleep did hide,
I found no Sleep at all last night,
Tonight I’ll search again, with all my Might.

Ned Hoskin

www.WedByNed.com.au
http://saidbyned.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

Feline Ballet Class