Mincing my Words.

Being a non-practising, semi-vegitarian, vegan with liberal views,  I deliberately left home in time to catch the Butcher shop, before their closing time of 5pm. to buy my once a year rack of lamb.

It's a five minute drive and I wanted to Meat the deadline! I was horrified to see that at 4.48pm they had closed the doors and pulled the shutters down tight. "What a hide"  I thought.

Damn! What goes on in a butchers shop before 5 pm one wonders?  With the blinds drawn. Obviously there are certain events which to discuss here , may be a little too close to the bone. 

Anyway, I soon loined that its not worth having a gristle. 


I had never Herd of the butcher shutting before 5pm.


As I drove off, the butcher was walking along the street and called out "Hey mate, sorry, you'll have to go down to the supermarket, I had a big Sale and only have some beef left!" 


I called back "Thanks anyway but no thanks, I only have eyes for Ewe! " 


End of the Tail.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

Feline Ballet Class