VALENTINES DAY : AND WAY BEYOND.

These ideas fall out of my head while I am writing them. Keep some tissues handy!! 




VALENTINES DAY POEM:  LOVE TO ETERNITY.


Oh Valentines Day is a nice Pagan ritual,
When Lovers espouse each others Love,
But when their Love becomes Habitual,
Then a push may easily become 'shove'

Why hast thou not Married me Dear?
Is it something that I have once said?
Cos if if you should wish to propose to me,
I'll say 'yes' if we get Wed by Ned!

No dearest, tis not anything specific,
Its just that our Love is a chore,
Whilst Marrying you would be terrfic,
I fear that it may be a bore!

Then spice up our Life we should do then,
Lets get out and do more thats fun,
Cos you are my Lover and best Friend,
And one day, we two should be One.

They travelled the world and they saw lots,
Met people, went places so wild,
But the leopard never changes his old spots,
And their Loving remained rather mild.

Now that we've spiced up our Life some,
Will you Marry me on Valentines Day?
I know that the day will soon come,
When you hear the words that I say.

You see our Love is as ancient as Rome,
Its as deep as the sky is so vast,
I will never again feel alone,
If you should marry me at last.

He considered the question before him,
Do I love her enough to be Wed,
Or will it all wear quite thin,
Will we wind up enemies instead?

For a hundred years they considered a marriage,
They lived and they loved e'er so deep,
As best friends for ever, their carriage,
Eternal their love did always keep.

On his death bed, he said, Dear we should marry,
I have kept you waiting for all of these years,
Fear not Love she said ' I'm not harried"
For a wedding shant quell these sad tears

Since the day that we met I have known then,
That as partners we were meant to be,
And as you depart this Earth as my best friend,
Your Loving was the best gift to me,


He passed away, and entered the next realm,
She watched him as he silently slid away,
Dont worry, I'll stay here at the helm
Until I catch up with you another day.


And her Life continued, full of the Love,
That they shared every year, every day,
And he sent her his heart from above,
And she felt it in every way.


She looked at the flowers and star light,
The warmth from the sun warmed her bed,
Everything around her day and night,
Reminded her of the things that he said.


Darling, I dont need to Marry you,
To prove that my love runs so deep,
If you need me, I'll be there to carry you,
And I'll always hold you while you are asleep.


But whether tis on this Earth or the next one,
Where ever the after-life should send me to go,
I'll love you as long as the sun
Shines on you, and you will always know.


She lived on, for another thousand years,
Every day she felt him near-by
And she laughed with him at the memories,
That they shared whilst he was alive.


You see Love, that really we were married,
All these years our hearts were entwined,
Through all the hard times it carried,
Us both till our Love was refined.


One day she fell asleep for the last time,
And in the afterlife she eventually did wake,
He said Darling you're looking just so fine,
Considering a thousand years I did wait!


They held hands and they kissed in the warm glow,
In the new Life that now they did share,
Darling I always did know,
All those years, you always were there.


And if ever again we are parted,
Tis only for a moment or two,
Cos, for where ever we may be departed,
I'll always be waiting for You.


Yes, St. Valentines may be a Pagan invention,
But its meaning is so very deep,
If Love is your true intention,
Then it's yours, forever, to keep.


Ned Hoskin
www.wedbyned.com.au 
And you might want to buy my book at
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/127840




'The Many Ponderings & Predilections of Ned from Indented Head' is on Amazon Books: 































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

Feline Ballet Class