The story of Lynda La Plante, Ned Kelly's Head replaced and a Madame.

Add caption
As an Author wanna-be, I was pleased when my Madame friend suggested we attend an interview in Geelong being given by Lynda La Plante, the famous author whose career has seen her release countless books and scripts which have been turned into film, including the well known series Prime Suspect.

Lynda's casual and comedic style was a joy to behold, including her insights into the fastidious research she undertakes for each of her Crime books.  The description of bloated bodies in a Russian morgue and the farting of pierced corpses was a telling insight into the lengths that she goes to, for the sake of absolute authenticity in her  published works.  And her story about visiting a San Francisco brothel for the sake of research was equally as enlightening and endearing.

In a fine piece of marketing Lynda also managed to let out the details of the first 4 chapters of her new book, BLOOD LINE, which meant we all had to rush to the front counter after the Show and purchase the book to find out what happens next! As it was Father's Day the lovely Ms Ned even lined up to have the author sign my copy of the book. I am assuming that it was as a result of Lynda giving us the first 4 chapters that we were even lucky enough to receive a 25% discount on the book price.

Since her talk had touched a few times on the headless Ned Kelly story, she was certainly very quick to think to write in my copy "For Ned (not Kelly) Love, Lynda La Plante" ... for which I am eternally grateful.  You just don't want to know how many times I introduce myself to people "Hi, I'm Ned" to receive the reply  "Ah, like Ned Kelly".... accompanied by a slightly demented guffawing sound, as though it were something I would never have heard in my life.  These days I like to respond with "Gee, that's clever, never heard that one before" which seems to pacify most people. Although Ms Ned was more interested in Lynda's apparent declaration of Love for me in her signing autograph. I assured Ms Ned that I have never in fact met Lynda La Plante in real life, although hopefully if we did meet, she might at least find it in her heart to grow at least,  fond of me, given time.

But when Lynda met my Madame friend, who leaned suspiciously across the signing table whispering into Lynda's ear about her brothel, I was sitting back observing. Even Lynda looked surprised to have a real-life Madame in the "line-up" and as the two leaned closely towards each other, glancing quickly around to see who was in ear-shot and swapping cards in whispered tones, I couldn't help but think this could be the opening "hook"of a new Lynda La Plante novel.

Ned Kelly??? Or.....?
On arriving home I had to jump into BLOOD LINE and indeed the first 4 chapters are great reading and reflect exactly Lynda's account of the story, proving I suppose,  that she actually did write the book. It also got me thinking about the  Investigative techniques described in her novels in murder and mystery stories and how un-medical and un-realistic are the extreme CSI type portrayal of such events on the many TV series which Hollywoodify such Science as well.



Overnight I got thinking about the forensic uncertainty which we are seeing with Ned's (Kelly)  Head...or the lack there-of. So, I wondered if I could use my own computer skills prowess to fool even the most intensely fastidious, the most highly trained and skilled of the Crime writers.  I ask you...can you really be sure whether the attached photograph of Ned Kelly's remains is true....or Not!? Have they at last, found the real Ned's Head.



Do yourself a great treat and go to see Lynda in Sydney this week. And if you get a copy of the book signed by the author, please say hi to her from me.  With the following message:

"For Lynda, Much Love, Ned (with a Head), from Indented Head."

Ned (not Kelly) from Indented Head.
Amazon.com: Ned Hoskin: Kindle Store
http://saidbyned.blogspot.com/
www.wedbyned.com.au
www.asizart.com.au

'The Many Ponderings & Predilections of Ned from Indented Head' is on Amazon Books: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

Feline Ballet Class