Para-normal...or what? Mt Erebus Disaster.




I have mentioned before how I went through a period in my life where I would dream about a specific subject 3 times, to always have the incident come true. The story of the Air New Zealand, Mt Erebus disaster is perhaps the most outstanding, with a rather bizarre twist.

The first major "Three dream" series occurred in 1977 when my mother was seriously ill. However, the family had been kept in the dark about the severity of her illness and were told it was temporary, which I guess it was, all things considered.

Having woken three nights running in April 1977, with a terrible dream about my mother's imminent death, it was actually quite a surprise when I received a phone call the next day, summoning me to return inter-state as my Mother was on her death bed. Sadly it was true, we were all told the truth about her real health issue and she sadly passed away the next day.

Over the next two years I encountered many other "Three dream" events of a more minor nature.

On the nights of November 25, 26 and 27, 1979,  I encountered the same dream of being in a totally blank , perhaps desert-like, location, watching a passenger plane doing 3 "figure eight" loops on a vertical plane.  On the third figure-eight loop the plane crashes into the ground , disintegrating on contact. In the dream , I am watching the events unfold, trying to dodge the flying debris. I am totally aware of the blankness of the terrain and the disintegration of the plane on impact.

On November 28, the day after the series of dreams, I visit my school mate Andrew Hunt  (who has recently had a complete heart transplant, a link to his story is at the end of this article)  I remember telling Andrew and his partner the details of the dream, and explaining in detail the fear and dread the dream has brought with it.

During the course of the evening, Andrew turned on the TV and there it was, the first News alert explaining that an Air New Zealand plane had lost contact with base, during a flight over the Antarctic.

My first reaction of horror was also followed by a strange sense of relief, knowing that the incident must be related to my dream.

As time went by and the reality and details of the disaster reached the world, I was somewhat over awed by the similarities between the dreams and the real events. The plane was indeed on a figure 8 course and indeed it did crash into the side of Mt Erebus on the third loop. The photographs that emerged of the crash site did also reflect very accurately the terrain I saw in my dream, down to the whiteness and the sheer blankness.


What had never occurred to me, until researching this article, is that the Mt Erebus disaster had occurred not only 2 years after that first "Three dream" event regarding my Mother's own passing, but on the date also, that marks her birthday.

I am not a member of, or a follower of, any group of people who follow such events. But I have always related the same details, the same exact content of that incident and have always believed the dream and the reality of the disaster to be linked.

What I don't know, is very simply, why.


Ned Hoskin
Amazon.com: Ned Hoskin: Kindle Store
 http://saidbyned.blogspot.com/


'The Many Ponderings & Predilections of Ned from Indented Head' is on Amazon Books: 




p.s Read Andrew Hunt's amazing story about his heart transplant at the following link:


 http://www.hlttv.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=205:andrew-hunt&catid=16:enjoying-life&Itemid=47



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Housewives and Housework...1950's style!

The Tram Sandwich

What I Remember of 2017 ( Whenever that was )